Some helpful details
Before you come:
• Be sure the quilt back is a minimum of 8 inches wider and longer than the quilt top. For example if your top is 48" by 60" then your backing must be a minimum of 56" by 68".
• Square the corners on the top and back. Both parts should be perfect rectangles so we can load your quilt squarely on the frame.
At the studio we will help you:
• Choose a stitch pattern from a catalog of patterns
• Choose a thread color. Contoocook QuiltWorks typically matches the top and bobbin threads. Please let us know if you have another preference.
• Choose a batting from four we keep in stock including Dream Green (made from recycled plastic bottles), an 80/20 Poly/Cotton blend, a batting that's 100% cotton, and one that's wool.
After noting your thread, stitch pattern, and batting choices, we'll measure your quilt and calculate your costs. We'll also estimate when it will be ready for pick up. At that time we'll accept payment in cash, by check or debit/credit card.
Contoocook QuiltWorks typically trims the edges of the quilt back and batting to the edge of your quilt top. We will return the trimmed edges with the finished quilt. Please let us know if you prefer to trim your own quilt.