Some helpful details
Before bringing your quilt top and backing to be quilted:
• Be sure the quilt back is a minimum of 8 inches wider and longer than the quilt top. For example if your top is 48" by 60" then your backing must be a minimum of 56" by 68".
• Square the corners on the top and back. Both parts should be perfect rectangles so we can load your quilt squarely on the frame.
We'll help you finalize choices for:
• a stitch pattern from a catalog of patterns
• thread color - we typically match the top and bobbin threads. Please let us know if you have another preference.
• batting type from four we keep in stock including Dream Green (made from recycled plastic bottles), an 80/20 Poly/Cotton blend, 100% cotton, or wool.
Contoocook QuiltWorks typically trims the edges of the quilt back and batting to the edge of your quilt top. We'll return the trimmed edges with the finished quilt. Please let us know if you prefer to trim your own quilt.